There are so many detoxes out there in the world. I am in love with doing an apple cider vinegar detox. This post is not here to tell you that other cleanses do and don’t work, I just want to share with you a natural cleanse and detox that works for me.
My Apple Cider Vinegar Detox
I drink Apple Cider Vinegar as a bodily cleanse, and I have noticed so many different benefits! I try to do it daily, but I’m going to be honest and say that doesn’t always happen. Maybe only a few times a week if I’m good. Unfortunately, I don’t have any specific measurements, but I eyeball about a “shot” worth of the vinegar and dilute it in a glass full of water. I also use a straw to drink it as I found the vinegar can be harsh on teeth. This is my apple cider vinegar detox that I swear by!
I only use the Bragg’s brand for my apple cider vinegar cleanse and detox, anything else is no good in my opinion. Let me warn you. This s**t stinks, but the benefits are absolutely amazing!
Additional ways that I use ACV:
- Morning tea – to maintain my weight I mix warm water, ACV, lemon juice, my favorite honey and every so often if I’m good I get a little bit of cinnamon in there.
- Skincare routine – with a diluted solution, I just take this and dab the ACV on my face. It acts as an amazing toner. I found I have little acne, dark spots even out and everything.
- Dry and itchy skin: my nephew was over the other day and he has some form of eczema, we did have his normal cream to help him with all of the scratching, so instead we just diluted a little ACV and used a cotton ball to treat the area. It stung a little because he had a few open areas on the skin from scratching. But it worked so well! He did scratch the rest of the night. I can’t wait to call my sister to see how the scars are doing now.
- Hair cleanser – I dilute it in this and apply is straight to my scalp and massage it in!
- Hair conditioner – I coat my hair in ACV maybe once a month and it helps make my hair look healthier, shinier and feel stronger
- Salad dressing – I’ve only done this a few times when I run out of my Ranch, however it is definitely a healthier option. I just mix ACV, honey, olive oil, salt and pepper for a light salad dressing.
- Drink warm with honey for a sore throat – literally a life saver!
- Acne treatment – same process that I do for my skin care routine. I used to use it daily if I was in the middle of a break out, however now I only use as an acne treatment once a week or every other week.
List of ACV health/general benefits:
- Relieves consitipation
- Fights acid reflux
- Promotes good gut bacteria (I can vouch for this!)
- Cures yeast
- Detoxes the body
- Regulates pH
- Lowers blood pressure
- Balances blood pressure
- Fights allergies
- Clears sinuses
- Fights colds
- Pet flea repellant
- Brighten teeth
- Soothe sunburn
- Aids weight loss!