Hi everyone! I am finally back and adjusted from a wonderful vacation in Italy! I put together this Italy travel guide to share with everyone to give a few helpful tips on traveling to Rome, Florence and Milan.
Italy Travel Diary
Tips for Italy
- Most everyone speaks English, however it is helpful to know a few terms and phrases.
- Pre-purchase all of your tours and tickets. It will make your life so much easier.
- Also, to my last point, if you go to Milan and want to see the Last Supper painting, definitely buy those in advanced. Over 2 million people a year want to see this famous illustration and less than 500k actually get the chance to!
- There are no free bathrooms in Italy, so go when you have to go! Or just be ready to pay for a mini pastry or something.
- All of the roads are some form of cobble stone, so wear comfortable walking shoes. You may be able to get away with a short chunky heel for a night or two.
- Surprisingly, there wasn’t as much “nightlife” as I expected in Rome and Florence. Most of the town shuts down around 8pm.
The Must See Italy Travel Guide
I made a little list of the must see attractions and my opinion of the must try restaurants if you are visiting Rome, Florence and Milan. I also list a few great gelato places too!
Download my Italy must do’s below!