Quick little fashion post to help turn your summer dress into a fall dress.
Fall is quickly approaching, but to be honest I have a few dresses in my closest that I need to wear before it gets too cold. It is the middle of September so we cannot wear summer dresses like it is June anymore, so I have come up with a few tips to help you wear your summer dresses for just a few weeks longer. Just promise not to push it.
- Stick to your patterned summer dresses: Patterns are just perfect for the fall season. So any summer dress that has a pattern is a safe bet, however floral patterns are not your friend.
- Dark colors if you can: This is probably the easiest tip to apply to your summer dresses. Dark colors just easily fit into fall.
- Add different textures: The fall season is all about textures. In this look I added velvet sandals. I wanted to pull out the burgundy in the dress, while also having a shoe that fit into the soon to be season. By just adding some simple velvet shoes, I have added another layer of textures to the outfit.
- Add a jacket: Well in Atlanta, it’s still hot. But adding a jean jacket or long cardigan is a great way to transition your summer pieces to fall
- A darker lip (optional): A look is more than just the clothes that you wear, don’t forget about what your makeup says about the season. A fun daytime dark lip could also take this look from summer to fall.
Here are a few different items for you to recreate this fall dress look. Love you all and see you in my next post!